Comment on page
Tips12: Why Meetings Should Be Held on a Regular Basis
- 1.It guarantees the opportunity to catch up on the differences between the last meeting and the current meeting.With the rapid changes in society and organizations, regular gatherings ensure that each team member absorbs the experiences and changes on a regular basis. Because of these inputs, it is also possible for everyone to agree on and change the goals and milestones of the project.
- 2.Lowers the cost of coordinating team members' schedules.Nowadays, there are many projects in which diverse members from inside and outside the company participate, and adjusting the schedule each time can be time-consuming. For this reason, it is more efficient to set up a schedule in advance. Also, if meetings are adjusted each time, it is impossible to hold meetings at the necessary timing. This undermines the advantage of the Project Sprint, which is to gather enough participants at once to make decisions quickly and efficiently.
- 3.By holding the meetings on the same day and time, people from other teams are more likely to come peek in to share.It is common to invite a specific guest to comment as a specialist on a certain agenda, but if the regular time and day are set in advance, it is more efficient since there is no need to adjust each time and just invite them at a time that is already available.
- 4.It is easier to create the granularity of the task if the period is divided into regular periods.By having a regular period of time, for example, a standard interval of "what can be done in a week," it is easier to predict if this amount of task can be done. Creating realistic tasks will ensure that the output is produced, which in turn will increase the accuracy of the agenda.
- 5.If the meeting is held on a regular basis, it will be easier to create a rhythm of work, making it easier to digest tasks.For example, every Monday we have this meeting, so let's set aside time for this kind of work. This makes it easier for individual members to plan their work.
- 6.Keep a record of regular projects.Meeting agendas, minutes, and task progress reports will be kept on a regular basis. This provides a log that is easy to refer to when looking back, and also ensures readability when new members join the project (because it is easier to understand the regular output according to milestones than to read past information unnecessarily). In addition, if such a log is kept, it is easy to use it as a reference or template when starting another project, as this is how the past projects went.
最終更新 7mo ago